- We believe all children are naturally creative.
- We believe each child should have an art canvas with them to draw or to doodle for self-expression or for therapeutic purpose.
- We believe that their creativity should be on display for the world to appreciate their works of art, at the same time, to boost their self-esteem and self-confidence.
- Hien, an 11-year old kid, created this 3-in-1 healing backpack: a portable art canvas, a mobile art gallery, and a backpack for kids to create art on the go. When you purchase one for your child, he/she not only gets a one-of-a-kind backpack, but you also send a monetary donation to a charity.
Meet Simon, a 3-in-1 erasable backpack.
- Stress & anxiety? Doodle/draw on Simon to relieve stress. It is therapeutic.
- Kids suffering from trauma (interpersonal violence, witness to homicide, combat or war, natural disasters, terrorism, complicated grief, medical illness…) have difficulty expressing what’s in their mind verbally? Art could help them communicate it visually.
- Kids are not doing well in school? Having a bad working memory sometimes is the problem. Give them Simon to create art on at least 20 minutes a day can boost working memory, self-esteem, & self-confidence.
- Kids spend too much time on electronic devices? Give them Simon & let them doodle/draw to express their imagination.
- Want to be a great leader? Doodle/draw on Simon to help boost creativity, which is the #1 quality in a great leader (according to a survey of thousands of great leaders around the world)
- Want to be original and unique? The art you create on Simon is guaranteed to be one-of-a-kind. No other backpack in the world has the same design art on it as yours. It’s erasable; so you continue to have one-of-a-kind design art on it.
- Simon guarantees it!
There are so many amazing nonprofits locally & nationally which help ameliorate the lives of children. There is no shortage of awesome people who toil with love & compassion. Funding is always the issue. The staff, the board of directors, and the volunteers are always on a fundraising mode. So, we partner with a small number of these amazing nonprofits to help them fundraise. When you purchase a super cool & unique 3-in-1 healing backpack for your children or grandchildren, you can use one of the coupon codes on our list to save money as well as to send 35% of the proceed to that nonprofit. It’s a rare WIN-WIN-WIN.
- About 22.6% of children between 0-17 years old in the US has Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) score of 2 or higher. That’s a bit more than 16 millions children whose likelihood of depression, suicidal tendency, substance abuse, heart disease, violent tendency… increase significantly.
- Developmental disabilities like autism, ADHD, Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome… also contribute to childhood trauma.
- “It is so difficult to put the complexities of the trauma recovery process into words—artwork does this much better!” – Joan Turkus, M.D.
- Art has been used successfully as a form of therapy because art helps kids unmask the traumas buried in the subconscious minds. “Drawing makes me feel better,” Xavier said. “When I’m mad, I draw my anger, and I just get happy.”
- When kids with high ACEs score get help early on, there will be fewer crimes affecting us, fewer unnecessary tragic deaths from drunk driving accidents, fewer unwanted children born from teen pregnancy-which contribute to more traumatic experiences & predispose the children to traumatic lives, less financial burden on society from illnesses resulting from trauma like heart disease, suicide attempt, depression…
- Childhood trauma is like a villain. Art is like a super hero. ChalkWild 3-in-1 healing backpack is like a tool the super hero uses to defeat his/her nemesis.
- “I have noticed that children with autism think in pictures,” according to art therapist Theresa Van Lith. “So it’s a natural progression, then, to use the visual arts to communicate what’s going on in their world.”
- Art therapy can help with social skills.
- Art therapy can address Sensory Processing Disorder.
- Drawing or doodling can be calming when stress or anxiety is overwhelming.
See more cool artworks on ChalkWild Backpack
(Email us for more information)
We are fortunate to have Community Foundation of San Joaquin as our Fiscal Sponsor. So, we now can receive grants to bring these healing backpacks to high ACEs score children who can benefit from using them. Your corporate donation is now tax deductible as well. Please help ameliorate the lives of children suffering from childhood traumas.
“Every kids should have one as a standard.”,”That’s a wonderful idea.”, “Wow, the inventor is 11 years old?”, “He’s a genius. You must be a proud father.”, “I will buy online.”, “I like this, very clever.”, “I like the markers. I just want those for my windows at home.”, “My kids will have a great time expressing themselves on these backpacks.”, “It’ll boost their creativity.”, “My Big Lad is saving the Chalkwild backpack for when he starts high school in September. I am sure it will be a great tool for helping him to learn to plan and organize more things for himself and become more independent.”, “I was recently introduced to a new form of Art Therapy that absolutely blew me away! Imagine having everything you need to create, erase, and repeat with you all the time. The Chalk Wild Backpack is just that! Let’s check it out!”
There is no better testimonials than the nonprofits such as United Cerebral Palsy of Stanislaus, Society for disAbilities, Howard Training Center actually purchasing ChalkWild backpacks for their clients because they believe their clients will have fun expressing themselves artistically on their backpacks & showing off their creativity, and will help non-verbal clients communicate through their drawings.